We are pleased to provide current ISB members with a travel fellowship opportunity. Students, junior curators, curators from low-income countries, and curators from countries suffering from natural disasters are encouraged to apply. Selections will be prioritized by financial need.
**Please note that applying for a fellowship does not guarantee that you will receive funding.
Each award will be issued as reimbursement for up to CHF $1,000 per fellowship depending on the costs of your registration and travel (e.g. hotel, flight, and ground transportation).
- ISB Travel Fellows must be able to cover their own conference registration fees and travel cost before attending the conference. ISB Travel Fellows will then submit receipts to request a reimbursement from ISB. Save your receipts!
- The Biocuration Travel Fellowships Committee will advise you on how to receive these funds as reimbursement at the end of the conference.
Requirements and Procedures
Each applicant for a travel fellowship must satisfy the following conditions:
- The applicant must be an active ISB member
- The applicant must have been selected for a poster or oral presentation at the Tenth International Biocuration Conference.
- Only the presenting author from a multi-author abstract may apply for a fellowship
- The applicant must submit an accompanying letter explaining why s/he is requesting travel funds and how s/he envisions that attending the Biocuration Conference will benefit her/his career.
- Application Deadline: application materials should be sent to ISB via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 'Travel Fellowships to Biocuration 2019' on or before Friday, 15 February, 2019.
Notification of award will be sent via email by 1 March, 2019 and announced on the ISB website after acceptance of the award. Early Bird rates will be extended for Fellowship winners.